Monday 2 April 2012

Week 18 through Week 20

We were told yesterday that our tiles weren’t delivered until today (Monday) and could we meet the tiler on site in the morning to verify the tiles that were delivered are the ones we selected.  I agreed we would meet the tiler on site at 7:45 a.m.  I then asked was any fitting off done last week while we waited for the tiles and SS said no as the painter took longer than expected- 2 weeks. I smell a rat!

The SS then said there is a sewer delay again and referred me to South East Water (SEW) and ask them for further info. I called our land sales contact and she said no there isn’t a delay and there are 2 families already living on your street and should I want additional information to contact the building developer as he can offer more information.  After a few more emails to the PD and them forwarding an email from SEW (without dates on it bit suss) stating there was a sewer delay until end of April I then spoke with the building developer and he then advised that a PIC# something SEW gives when the sewer is ready to be connected and said that it was completed on 9th March! I then told our SS and he said Wow really well I will call SEW and see what the heck is going on.  I thought to myself I can tell you have been caught out not telling the truth trying to give an excuse for nothing being done which has created a delay. I also told them we have 2 neighbours living on our street and one of the homes is 4 doors up and is also built by PD. Hmmmm

PD said their permits department will contact SEW and see what is going on and will update us with any news.

In addition our new front window hasn’t even been installed and still sitting in the garage supposedly waiting for the chippy.

Our SS said that the house should be ready in 3 to 3.5 weeks, so fingers crossed as after tiles there is only electrical, plumbing fitting off and carpet and door knobs.

We met with our tiler and he said they would be done by the end of this week!  And from this point probably move in 4 weeks’ time!  We really hope so.

Below are pics of the house to date:
Master ensuite about to be tiled

Bathroom tiles

Kitchen from the lounge room- love the glass splash back

Splash back from side view

Rod's walk in robe with window framed

Master bedroom window framed

Random shot of a spare room- just wanted to show the paint colour - "Kid Leather"

1 comment: